Is your furry kitty friend more like a miniature lion when paying a visit to the vet? If your cat is the aggressive type, then we have good news for you. Scientists have found that music has the ability to soothe your savage beast, err cat. The reason why today, we’ll be sharing with you types of relaxing music for cats.
The use of music has become increasingly popular in human medicine, and studies have shown that music is also beneficial for your feline friends. Studies had found that cats appeared to be less stressed during a routine examination when they played cat-specific music.
If you have no idea where to find relaxing music for your pet friend but feel like your cat could use some relaxing music, get to know types of relaxing music for cats and find premium quality sounds for an amazing listening experience for pets and owners alike.
Relaxing Music for cats FAQ’s
What is relaxing music for cats?
According to a study conducted by LSU, musical pieces considered pleasing to the human ear often have a beat similar to the human resting pulse rate and contain frequencies from the human vocal range. This principle has been extended to cat-specific music composed of lines based on affiliative cat vocalizations, such as purring and suckling sounds, and frequencies similar to the feline vocal range, two octaves higher than for humans.
What about purring and suckling sounds is relaxing for cats?
Experts say that the development of the emotional centers in the brain of the cat occurs shortly after birth, during the nursing stage. “Because purring and suckling sounds are common in this developmental stage, these sounds are layered into tempos and frequencies used in feline vocalization to create cat-specific music.”
Do cats really respond to music/sounds?
Experts think that all mammals, like cats, enjoy listening to music and respond to it when they hear it.
Cats have a perfect sense of hearing and can hear many more sounds than both humans and dogs can – including very high-pitched, ultrasonic sounds.
Benefits of relaxing music for cats?
Relaxing music for cats offers numerous benefits for your furry friend as well as owners. The music is supposed to help calm cats and make them happier when they listen to it.
Relaxing music will help cats of all breeds and ages stay relaxed and keep calm and provide peace of mind for owners, knowing their feline friends are being taken care of during vet visits.
- Minimize separation anxiety
- Reduce hyperactivity
- Minimize fear of thunderstorms or fireworks
- Stop unwanted whining
- Comfort sick or injured cats
- Calm your cat on car journeys
When should cat’s listen to relaxing music?
Relaxing music can help in several situations:
- You may be litter training, which can be a stressful time for both cat and parent, and our music will soothe your kitten making your life easier. When listening to music you will notice your kitten start to relax, and get more used to their tray, or similarly if you are training them to get used to their travel box.
- It is also very useful to calm your cat during car journeys – which many kittens find a stressful time. They may associate it with vets visits.
- The worst time of year for over 60% of cats is Firework season – the loud bangs are really scary for them and you may notice a huge change in your kitty during this time. Thunderstorms are another difficult time for cats, with the majority of cats being very scared of storms because of the unfamiliar loud noises. Relaxing music for cats is the perfect solution to this anxiety inducing situation.
- Experts also point out, among the most common cat problems, is separation anxiety in cats; being separated from you can cause severe anxiety in many cats. Relaxing music for cats can improved thousands of cases of separation anxiety and noisy felines all over the world.
- Being re-homed is an incredibly stressful time for cats; as they have to get used to a lot of different sights and sounds, as well as their new family and any other pets in the household. It is highly recommended to play relaxing music so they will get used to your home in no time.
Types of Relaxing Music for Cats
Through a Cat’s Ear claims to be a breakthrough in Feline Music & Sound Therapy If your cat is stressed or fearful, howls, fights, or has difficulty settling and sleeping.
This is a tool that offers to help your feline friend without resorting to pharmaceuticals. Through a Cat’s Ear: Music for Calming is the first in a series specifically designed for the feline household. Building on the clinically demonstrated Through a Dog’s Ear programs, music is crafted specifically for cats to address their need for environmental consistency.
Clinical research shows that cats prefer their homes to be stable and consistent; sudden changes such as strangers, different food, additional animals, loud noises, and illness can cause stress to their nervous systems. This soundtrack employs bioacoustic principles, including resonance, entrainment, pattern identification, and frequency modulation, all woven into beautiful piano soundtracks.
- Psychoacoustic technique of “sonic anchoring”
- Provides a sense of constancy and familiarity into the environment
- Enhances your cat’s health, happiness, and behavior
Calming music and soothing stories for your cat. Music Cats Love CD is a collection of calming music and soothing sounds for the cats we love.
Over one hour of relaxing music mixed with soft nature sounds and short stories, creating a peaceful environment for cats who are left alone. Exotic birds, children playing, and soothing voices are just a few of the sounds that come in and out of this beautiful music to entertain your pet while you are gone.
- Beautiful music
- Heart tugging stories
- Sound effects
- Unique and different
Wholetones For Pets contains over 52 minutes of specially composed original music infused at the exact frequency of 396hz.
This music is designed to relieve your furry companions dealing with separation anxiety, being overly stressed, or being scared from loud noises such as fireworks, thunderstorms, loud vehicles, anti-social behavior in cats, etc.
- Composed original music
- 396hz Frequency
- Addresses several pet issues
Relax My Cat are experts in creating relaxing music to help calm your cat and help them sleep. The music is composed in-house by a team of producers and uses various sound techniques designed to relax and calm your cat.
Relax My Cat’s music will help calm and soothe your cat or kitten in various situations. Minimize separation anxiety, reduce hyperactivity, minimize fear of thunderstorms or fireworks, stop unwanted whining, comfort sick or injured cats and calm your cat on car journeys.
The music is based on years of experimenting and by combing music and environmental sounds that pique the interest of cats; it is written in a musical language that is uniquely designed to appeal to the domestic cat.
- Relaxing music designed for cats with various anxiety problems
- Music designed for all ages and all breeds
- Help with whining, separation anxiety, etc.
Relaxing Music for Cats features music and nature sounds to help relax you and your cat. Every track has been carefully selected to meet the specific auditory requirements of your cat. It contains soft harmonies without rhythms, a slower BPM (Beats Per Minute), lower pulsations, and sound frequencies that only animals can hear.
According to recent studies, the use of relaxation music for cats helps to reduce unwanted behavior. Recommended by veterinarians and animal behavior experts!
- Over three hours of relaxing music
- Created by a professional composer
- Calming music and soothing sounds